April was not a good reading month for me, I read only 12 books (I know that this is a lot for some but for me it’s not) Usually I read from 15 to 20 books a month (I’m a fast reader and my freelance work gives me enough free time to enjoy my reading) But I got stuck this past month, I could feel myself getting trapped in the clutches of a reading slump thankfully I found the perfect read at that time to escape it.. I hope I did. We’ll see.
Anyway, back to my May T.B.R. I’ve been very successful with my monthly reading (except for this past April) thanks to my new reading journal (I’m obsessed with bullet journals now) and putting together my blog, writing reviews more regularly, keeping a good pace with my challenges and everything so, I’m a bit ambitious with this May list.. it has 25 books .. I know I won’t get to all of them and probably will jump on others not in the list but hopefully I will get to those I’m most excited for and let you know how it goes.
Here it is,
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – Sarah J. Maas. – This is the undoubtable book of the month, so, of course I’m reading it even though it makes me a bit sad because it’s the ending of part of this story. Yes, I know we’ll get more books but still.
- Brave New Girl – Rachel Vincent – I love this author and it’s a bit of Sci/fi to spice things up.
- Lose Me -M.C. Frank – This one had me at Jane Austen retelling 🙂
- The Traitor’s Kiss – Erin Beaty – Interesting blurb.
- Lost Rider – Harper Sloan – The cover did it 😉
- Revelry – Kandi Steiner – After reading Love Letter to Whiskey I had to pick this up.
- Mr. Romance – Leisa Reyven – I’m currently reading this one and so far so good.
- Where Good Girls Go To Die – Holly Renee – Another Blurb buy
- Sweet Home – Tillie Cole – I’m slowly reading all of Tillie Cole’s books I love her style.
- Rookie Move – Sarina Bowen – I was recommended this one so, we’ll see.
- This is War – Kennedy Fox – Booktube is to blame for this.
- The Hotshot – Kristen Callihan – I love this series.
- Flame in the Mist – Renee Ahdieh – Mulan retelling people.
- 180 seconds – Jessica Park – Blurb buy
- Riders – Veronica Rossi – I’ve been meaning to read this one for a while, we’ll see if I do get to it.
- Making Faces – Amy Harmon – Another Recommendation.
- Dangerous To Know And Love – Jane Harvey Berrick – Interesting blurb.
- The Bourbon Thief – Tiffany Reisz
- Be My Hero – Linda Kage – Love this series so far and looking forward to this one.
- Trigger – Scarlett Dawn
- Rough Justice – Sarah Castille
- Truthwitch – Susan Dennard – Another recommendation.
- Before I Ever Met You – Karina Halle
- Unteachable – Leah Raeder
This is the long list, some of this I’ll probably review and post them here and we’ll see how my reading goes this month. Better than the last fingers crossed. If you have read any of these books let me know what you thought about them and if you have any recommendations write them in the comments I’m always looking for good books to add to my TBR’s.