Thanks to Patty@moonshinerscorner for tagging me for this (I like doing tags and let you guys know a bit about my tastes like this) Go check out her answers they’re really soul ripping the stories, the ones she picked out. This tag was originally created by Nel@reactionarytales (very cool tag by the way)
- Thank the person who tagged you and create a pingback to the original author.
- Share at least 5 (but more are welcome) romances that tugged your heart strings. They can be from books, movies, TV shows, manga; anything you can think of! They can be examples of sad tears, angry tears, happy tears or a combination of all three.
- Nominate 5 (or more) people to share their emotional traumas
- (Note: Try not to spoil the story for your readers in case they would like to check out these romances on their own)
I’m going to try to limit myself to 5 because I know that otherwise It will be a loooonng list, Let’s get started
There’s a ton of heart ripping romances that I adore when it comes to books, some that heal, some that just make you laugh and some that just leave you a sobbing mess or just so mad you could just throw your e-reader to the wall. For the time being the ones that pop to my mind are:
- Bree and Archer – Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
- Tate and Miles – Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
These two are very emotional but healing romance tales. I love the relationship between them, and how it develops through the books.
- Lochan and Maya – Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Eva and Deuce – Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan
This are the kind that after reading you’re going to think WTF?, they are crude, heartbreaking, dark, but so very good that they will twist you up.
Movies and TV Series
While I’m a sucker for romance in books not so much in movies but the one that did leave an impression (maybe because what I thought was going to happen didn’t and it threw me out of a loop) was Beyond Borders, this might fit the title of soul ripping. The other one it’s a classic couple Pride and Prejudice. Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett need I say more.
As for the TV series, I have a few Khalessi and Drogo – Game of thrones (I love them) Poldark and Demelza from Poldark ( I like them together even if I do want to hit him sometimes) Jamie and Claire from Outlander (such a beautiful romance and very heart ripping) and Jax and Tara from Sons Of Anarchy This one left me heart broken even knowing that it was not going to end well.
I’m taking advantage of my sudden burst of interest in anime and I’m adding two romances from ones I have seen recently (not manga because I don’t read it and I don’t think I will) Sukitte ii nayo the relationship between Mei and Yamato is adorable there’s no other word for it. And Shu and Inori in Guilty Crown while this a sci/fi anime series with a lot going on, that ending killed me.
See what I mean, I said that I would try to stick to 5 and ended up with a whole lot more and I could go on and on but I’ll leave it for another time. Hope you like this tag and let me know in the comments what are your heart ripping stories.