I found this tag a while back in Book Tube (The Book Archer), It’s been around for a long time but I hadn’t gotten around to do it yet, but Naty at Naty’s bookshelf tagged me and gave the push I needed to state my own Bookish Unpopular Opinions. Hold back the pitchforks everyone, remember this is just for fun.
- A POPULAR BOOK OR BOOK SERIES THAT YOU DIDN’T LIKE:
Once again, hold back your pitchforks and don’t hunt me down but my answer to this question is Harry Potter. I’m not saying that I don’t like the series or anything it’s just that I’ve never felt the need to read it. It has never been that interesting to me to pick up.
- A POPULAR BOOK OR BOOK SERIES THAT EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO HATE BUT YOU LOVE:
A recent read for me The Traitor’s Kiss by Erin Beaty, the reviews on Goodreads weren’t at all flattering, and to a lot of people this book was filled with so many problems. But to be honest I really enjoyed it and didn’t pick up on any of the issues that were pointed out. It was a good read for me.
- AN OTP (ONE TRUE PAIRING) THAT YOU DON’T LIKE:
Peeta and Katniss, from the Hunger Games. I don’t think that their relationship was based on the greatest of grounds, it was more like “well you’re what’s left” . It felt weird to me.
- A POPULAR BOOK GENRE THAT YOU HARDLY REACH FOR:
Non-fiction. I hardly read anything in this genre unless I’m doing research on something.
- A POPULAR/BELOVED CHARACTER THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE:
Elena Gilbert from the Vampire Diaries, I didn’t like her in the books when I first read them a loooonnnggg time ago, and still didn’t like her in the TV show.
- A POPULAR AUTHOR THAT YOU CAN’T SEEM TO GET INTO:
Morgan Rhodes, I don’t know why but every time I try to pick up her Falling Kingdoms series I end up putting down. I can’t seem to get into her writing style or something. I’m still trying to though because I’ve heard that they are great books, and I love the covers.
- A POPULAR BOOK TROPE (OVERUSED PLOT DEVICE) THAT YOU’RE TIRED OF SEEING:
The Love Triangle, It gets tiresome to read so much indecision (I love him but I love that one too) They are usually very cliche and not very well done.
- A POPULAR SERIES THAT YOU HAVE NO INTEREST IN READING:
Percy Jackson, It’s the same as the Harry Potter case. I’m not into it.
- THE SAYING GOES “THE BOOK IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE MOVIE”, BUT WHAT MOVIE OR TV SHOW ADAPTATION DO YOU PREFER MORE THAN THE BOOK?:
Beautiful creatures, I like the movie better than the book and i know it’s not that good of a movie. Actually I only read the first book in that series now that i think about it, so, maybe that’s why.
Who do I Tag? Everyone that wants to do this. It’s always a lot of fun to do these tags.