June it’s almost over (It should be July by the time this post goes up) and it wasn’t my best reading month, I read a total of books. I know, I know, why do I complain? Those are a lot of books for most people, but for me not so much. I’m actually quite behind in my Goodreads Challenge (I’m seriously thinking of literally throwing the towel on that one) There’s no way I’m going to catch up, 20 books behind it’s ridiculous…
Anyway, I can’t really say what happened because I did have the time to read but I didn’t (At least not as often as I usually do) Oh God! I hope that it’s not another freaking reading slump (I just got out of one)
I’ll just go with the flow for now, let’s get to the books that I read. Most were 3 or 3.5 reads which is good for my rating, Not phenomenal but good enough. And there were a couple of 4 stars too, that really got me going, one of which I’m adding the sequel and maybe the third book to my July TBR. There wasn’t a Book of the Month in June because none got to the 5 star mark we’ll see next time.
Here’s the list:
- Brave New Girl by Rachel Vincent – 3 Stars
- The Darkest Mind by Alexandra Bracken – 4 Stars (I’m reading the sequels in July, I really liked this dystopian and I do recommend this book – Here’s hoping the rest are as good)
- When It’s Real by Erin Watt – 4 Stars (The perfect summer read, fast paced and so adorable)
- Scorched by Paula Quinn – 3 Stars (I was in the mood for paranormal but this one left me a bit disappointed, it wasn’t bad per se but not what I was looking for either)
- Burn Before Reading by Sara Wolf – 3.5 Stars ( A nice surprise )
- Twist by Kylie Scott – 3.5 Stars (Hilarious, romantic and really good, not quite the 4 stars because of a few issues I had with the ending)
- Misbehaved by Charleigh Rose – 3 Stars ( A train wreck that I couldn’t stop reading, it made me so freaking mad)
- The Gravity of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry – 3.5 Stars (So much Angst)
- Empires and Kings by A. C. Bextor – 3 Stars (It wasn’t quite what I hoped it would be, but it’s entertaining enough if you are looking for a Mafia read)
These was my Wrap up, hope you had a better reading month than me. Have you read any of these books? Let me know what you though about them in the comments.