I found this tag over at Mikaela @ the well-thumbed reader If you haven’t check out her blog go do it now, she has pretty good advice for newbie bloggers like me and she’s pretty cool too. I wasn’t tag but that certainly has never stopped me from doing a tag on my own and this won’t be the exception, so let’s get started because this one is a long one…
1. Which book has been on your shelf the longest?
This is a hard question, let’s see, on my TBR shelf I have so many and they just keep piling up and end up being pushed back that it will be quite difficult to pinpoint which is the oldest there…and I’m too lazy to do it.
As for the oldest book I own, A couple of Iris Johansen’s Books (her Historical collection).. I was a huge historical romance reader a few years back so I think those will be some of the oldest or maybe my Anne Rice Collection..
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
- My last read was The Difference Between Us By Rachel Higginson (for some reason it took me a while to get into this book but once I did it was great)
- My Current Read is The Forbidden Wish By Jessica Khoury (which I’m loving so far)
- My Next read will probably be A Perfect Ten by Linda Kage Or The Bird and The Sword By Amy Harmon (haven’t decided yet)
3. What book(s) did everyone like, but you hated?
I always say this but Harry Potter, it’s not that I hate them (how could I if I haven’t read them) it’s just that I have no interest whatsoever in reading them and I see how much love this book series has from everyone, so, it’s awkward..
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t.
From the Outlander series the books from 3 onward, I read Outlander and loved it, then read the second one and it was ok, and then I just stopped. I keep telling myself that I will read them eventually but I’m pretty sure that I’m lying to myself… And now with the TV show that really has me hooked I just don’t know if I will read them…
5. Which book are you saving for retirement?
Why save books for retirement when I can read them now? That’s just crazy talk..
6. Last page: read it first, or wait till the end?
I must confess that I have done the last page read to a few books, particularly if they are super angsty…I just need to know if it’s a cliffhanger so, I can’t get angry and get over it fast…
7. Acknowledgments: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
I just skip it, I know it’s bad but it depends on whether I’m interested in the author or not so much.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
I’ve never thought about this to be honest, I would love to have elemental powers like Feyre and I would to have Rhysand (who wouldn’t) but I’m not sure if I would really trade places with her..
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice.. Odd choice I know but it brings back memories of high school and my somewhat rebellious years…
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Nothing really comes to mind I just acquire books in the traditional fashion.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
I love giving books and I usually try to find what type of book that person enjoys so that I can give it to them…They are the best gifts ever..
12. Which book has been with you the most places?
Again, Interview with the Vampire, I use to carry that book everywhere..
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
Doña Barbara – Romulo Gallegos, It’s a mandatory (it used to be at least) novel that I didn’t want to read at the time but I ended up really enjoying it. (even if the cover is hideous)
14. What’s the strangest item you’ve found in a book?
Money, a couple of bills I found in a used book a while ago.
15. Used or brand new?
I don’t mind either way. Of course I would appreciate it if the used is in good condition though.
16. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
I’ve read The Da Vinci Code (because of the Hype) and Angels and Demons, they were enjoyable reads.
17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
Not a movie but a T.V. Series The Shannara Chronicles, I like the T.V. show much better than the books and it wasn’t that great either but I couldn’t get into the books and the series did hooked me.
18. Is there a book you think never should have been published?
Not really, there’s something for everybody and I don’t like to be so rash.
19. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks excluded?
A couple of Nora Roberts’ Books, she has a thing for family and eating all the time and sometimes you can’t help but want to taste what they’re making.
20. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
I’m pretty open about this so, I have a few online friends who usually recommend me books and a few real life friends that do it too… I always check pout their recommendations and see if it will be something that I will be in to or not.
This was The I dare You Book tag and it’s certainly a long book tag with a lot of questions, I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to do it if you’re interested I would love to see your answers, so leave the links on the comments..