October Wrap Up
It was actually a much better reading month for me than September was, even though I didn’t complete my TBR for the month, I didn’t have too much expectations about how much I was actually going to read in October because I usually just spend my free time watching Horror Movies or binge watching my favorite paranormal shows (It’s my October fest)…But I did managed to read a total of 7 Books and a couple of Manga (which I have found myself into lately)—So, a good reading month, I’m currently in the middle of Zero Repeat Forever but I don’t think I’m going to finish it before I hit publish on this so, It will be on my November Wrap Up…
As for the quality of the books I’ve read this month, most of them were 4 Star reads and a couple of 3.5 which is good enough….Let’s get to the books…
- Hideaway – Penelope Douglas – 4 Stars – I was stalking the author’s page until I finally saw that the book had come out the first of this month — I was all over it –and all that waiting wasn’t in vain…I’m addicted to this series and now I can’t wait until the next one.. (Check out my review)
- Worth It – Linda Kage – 3.5 Stars – I’ve been surprising diligent with this series probably because I’m enjoying the heck out of all the characters….I read this one that is book 6 and the next one …I’m only two books away from finishing the whole thing until she releases a new one…The book was really good for those who enjoy New Adult, and cute romance with great friendships…(Check out my review)
- The Girl’s got Secrets – Linda Kage – 4 Stars — Like I mentioned earlier this is book 7 and I freaking love it…It’s one of my favorite so far… Asher is amazing throughout the series but in his own book … words can’t describe him…It’s a Rock Star Romance kind of…and there’s a hilarious theme of a girl passing up as a boy which is fun to read and done amazingly well in this book.
- An Enchantment Of Ravens – Margaret Rogerson – 3 Stars — This was an entertaining read, I pick it up because I’m a sucker for everything Fae and I was intrigued by the synopsis…I know that a lot of people didn’t like it but I honestly think it wasn’t that bad… (Check Out My Review)
- First Came Forever – Annie Woods – 3.75 Stars — My first physical book for review so it has a special place with me since I mostly receive E-books…It’s a very surprising Young Adult book with quite a few plot twist that will keep you interested..(Review To Come)
- Play On – Samantha Young – 4 Stars – This book took me by surprise, it wasn’t at all what I expected and it was such an emotional book…it really messes you up and pulls at your heartstrings..(Review To Come)
- Warcross – Marie Lu – 4 Stars — This book has put me in the mood to read cyber Punk and Sci/Fi…which is why I’m anticipating getting my hands on Renegades by Marissa Meyer when it comes out next week…This book was amazing, the pacing of the story, the setting ( I loved the virtual reality setting)…the characters…everything.(Check Out My Review)
These were the books I read this month, but funny thing…I also found myself reading Manga.. I’m not a huge Manga fan by any means, I actually prefer to watch anime but since I was curious about how one anime series ended (this has happened to me more than once) I decided to pick up the manga because I just had to know — The weird thing is that I didn’t actually ended up reading that series at all but a few others that sounded good and I thought they would help me pass the time — and boy did they ever!! I was hooked…
I’m a bit hesitant about giving these a rating because I won’t be judging the artwork or anything so, just take into consideration that what I like about them is the stories therefor my rating has to do with that more than anything else.These were the Mangas I read this month:
- Kare First Love – 10 volumes – Author – Miyasaka, Kaho – 4 Stars – I loved this one, is such a cute coming of age story and a beautiful relationship between a shy girl and a popular boy.
- Strange Dragon – 3 Volumes – Author – Ishihara, Keiko – 3 Stars – I would have like more from this, it was too short…I was really enjoying the human/Dragon thing..
- Hapi Mari: Happy Marriage – 10 Volumes – Author – Enjouji, Maki – 3.5 Stars – This was Hilarious, it has its cultural difference so, somethings might make you a bit mad but overall entertaining.
- Reimei no Arcana – 13 Volumes – Author – Touma, Rei —I’m currently reading this one and I’m on Volume 6… and loving it..
So if I add this up which I will because reading is reading, right?..no matter the venue…I managed a total of 10 books –minus the ones I’m still working my way through– Not a bad reading month at all..
I’m being lazy this November and I’m going to take it as it comes, with a not quite planned TBR like I’ve been doing these past months… because I want to catch up a bit on the books I’ve been putting down this year but there are a few that I would like to get to so –let’s call them my light TBR for November..
- Renegades – Marissa Meyer – This I’m highly anticipating let’s hope it isn’t a total fail..
- Mine for the Week – Erika Kelly
- Brooding YA hero – Carrie Ann Dirisio
- Butterfly – Cambria Hebert
- Forever Right Now – Emma Scott
- Unraveling Destiny – Amelia Hutchins
- Wicked Ruin – S. L. Jennings
That’s it, I might add some of the books that have been left behind on my pasts TBRs or maybe I’ll decide to catch up on a series…we’ll see how it goes.. Hopefully even better than October — fingers crossed—
Let me know what you plan to read this month?? and if you have read some of these books what did you think??
This post has been added to the October Wrap-up Round up Link up hosted by Feed your fiction addiction … It’s so totally me not knowing about this link up until almost the end of the year but it’s never too late, right??