Hey Guys! Another month has flown by and I’m happy to announce that my reading MOJO is BACK!!! YaaY! I tackled 15 books! My two digit score is back! I have been reading a lot, this past September and most of the books have been 4 stars… even a 5 star read got in there.. So I’m very happy with my reading
as you can see… So, without further ado, let’s break down my wrap up..
I was able to add one more book to my A to Z Reading Challenge, after a whole lot of nothing for the last couple of months… So, I’m only missing 4 Letters and I will have succeeded on this challenge… Let me tell you guys, it’s been harder than I though when I started in January … Not only finding the right letters but actually reading the books… It was a “Challenge”– Pun Intended 🙂 but I’m almost there and it’s highly likely that I will do this again next year … If you want to join me check out the sigh up page at Ginger Mom Reads…
The book I read for this challenge was:
- The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli (L) – 4 Stars – I enjoyed this book a whole lot more than I though I would.. If you want my rambling thoughts about it check out my review.
I Also participated on Sequel September hosted by Books and Munches (Click here to find out all bout it) and this one was a Rambling worthy success… I read 4 sequels… Yep, that’s right 4 sequels (sadly a few weren’t the ones I had originally planned to read but they count nonetheless)
- Wildcard by Marie Lu – 4 stars – I love this book, even with its not so great reviews on Goodreads… I even liked it more than Warcross.. or maybe not more just differently.. I’ll let you know more in-depth what I thought once I upload my review (I’m still procrastinating a bit about reviewing but not everything is perfect)
- Fireblood and Nightblood by Elly Blake – 3.5 and 4 Stars – Once I got into this world again, i just couldn’t put it down.. I needed to know what happened and let me tell you that I truly enjoyed how everything wrapped up… and I’m quite picky with my series finales.. but this one was a huge success.
- Welcome to the Dark side by Giana Darling – 3.5 stars – I was recommended the first book in this Biker series by a friend and even though I wasn’t a huge fan of the first one I did like this one quite a bit… It’s not for everyone, it has sensitive topics, and a whole lot of sex… too much sex at times IMO.. but it was a good story.
The rest of the list of books I read this September goes like this:
- Dangerous Hearts and Destined Hearts (a Duet) by K.K. Allen – 3 stars (both) – It was a little bit too much drama for unnecessary reasons and I couldn’t quite connect with the female lead…
- A Touch Of Gold by Annie Sullivan – 3.5 Stars – I love retellings and this one had an unusual story (King Midas) with a clever twist of pirates and adventure.. quite entertaining.
- Highland Spy by Madeline Martin – 4 Stars – For someone who hasn’t read Historical romance in a while this book was perfect to get back into it… truly loved it, full of intrigue and adventure.
- The Chase by Elle Kennedy – 4 stars – She never fails (at least not yet) I can’t wait for the next book.
- Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill – 3.5 Stars – I’m so bad at keeping track of the series that I didn’t know this was a Spin off of the original, and now I’m hooked.. it was great and I need to go back and finnish the previous one.
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren – 5 Stars – I love everything about this book, the story, the romance, the characters… everything.
- Fauxmance by L. H. Cosway – 3.5 Stars
- Lessons in Corruption by Giana Darling – 3 Stars – This is the first book in the biker series I mentioned above.
- Crew by Tijan – 3 Stars – I’m still digesting this book and quite frankly I don’t know what to tell you about it… It was very Tijan, that’s for sure.
All in all it was a great reading month for me, and I hope that October keeps up…
Blogger Shout Outs
These are the articles from fellow bloggers that called out to me this month… go and check them out, some will make you think and reflect.. and others will just give you a good laugh when you need it..
Hope you guys had as good a month as I did and let me know in the comments what you read and if it was good or not… I want to know all about it..