Hey Guys! January is almost over, and once again we are in the same vicious cycle of time flying by without us noticing, am I right? But all that aside, I wanted to share with you how these past 2 months I became a reading machine.. I can’t tell you how or why.. because I was pretty sure that I wasn’t going to do much reading during the holidays, with all the hecticness that happens with family, and celebration and over here in Venezuela the occasional protests which tend to increase as the new year begins (you might know what I mean if you have seen our 2 presidents mess in the news).
But we are not here to deal with the harshness of reality so let’s get back on track here, and let me tell you that I read the magnificent total of 20 Books in December and 13 in January.. yep! you read that right.. I even completed my Goodreads goal of 150 books read for 2018… against all odds because I was way behind.. let me tell you.. I think participating in Smutathon helped motivate me and got me into the craziest reading mood so, I’m looking forward to the new one whenever it happens…
Since I read so much and I don’t want this post to be super Long I’m only going to mention the books I read and comment on those I think you guys shouldn’t miss out on… I had great books and really bad books so bear with me..
- The Controversial Princess and His True Queen by Jodi Ellen Malpas – 3 stars
- Brit with the Pink Hair by Rebekah N. Bryan – 2 stars
- T. A. by Jamie Begley – 3 stars
- Ink and Lies by S. L. Jennings – 3 stars
- Timid by Devney Perry – 4 stars – This one was a new to me Author and I’m checking out her other work for sure, this book was so sweet and hilarious and angsty.. all the things I like..
- Wait for It by Mariana Zapata – 5 Stars – This is one book about love and family in true Mariana Zapata style… I just love it and even if it is a huge book I just flew through it..
- Dating You Hating You by Christina Lauren – 3.5 Stars
- Wanting Mr. Crane by Shanora Williams – 3 stars
- Wild Heir by Karina Halle – 4 stars – Another perfect Rom Com if you enjoy reading about royal shenanigans and funny storylines with a lot of sexy time..
- My Favorite Half night Stand by Christina Lauren – 4 stars – I didn’t love it as much a Josh and Hazel but it was still pretty good.. and I love the friendships in this book..
- Good gone Bad – Giana Darling – 3 stars
- Fight or Flight by Samantha Young – 4 Stars
- Killing Sarai and Reviving Izabel by J. A. Redmerski – 4 stars – If you are in the mood for twisted with lots of action this is the book for you.
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata – 3 stars
- The Swedish Prince by Karina Halle – 4 stars
- Sweet Ruin amd Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole – 3 and 4 Stars
- Insider by Olivia Cunning – 3 Stars
That’s a lot of books, right? and we are still not done so please stick around for ..
- Staged by Olivia Cunning – 3 stars
- Unearthed and Undying by Amie Kaufman and Meghan Spooner – 4 and 3 stars – I had so much fun reading this duology (and thank God it was all done and I didn’t have to wait for more books) it’s like reading a video game… great pacing and the characters are so much fun…
- Grave Mercy by Robyn Lafevers – 3.5 stars – I will say that this book left me wanting to read the next one..
- Stray by Rachel Vincent – 3 stars
- The Accidentals by Sarina Bowen – 3 Stars
- The Wicked King by Holly Black – 4.5 Stars – Go Read this book NOW!! I’ll have my review (cough.. fangirling .. cough) up soon..
- Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews – 3.5 Stars
- Tate No Yuusha No Nariagari by Aiya, Kyu (Art), Aneko, Yusagi (story) – 4 Stars
- Domestic Na Kanojo by Sasuga, Kei (Story & Art) – 2 stars
- Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet – 3 stars
- Rewrite the Stars by Charleigh Rose – 2 stars
- Defy the Worls by Claudia Gray – 3.5 stars
There you have it guys the looong list of books I read.. some good, some not as good but overall I’m happy with most.. If you want me to delve deeper into any of the books on this list just let me know in the comments and I’ll do my best to obliged if I don’t have a review for it yet…
I’m mostly catching up now with all the awesome posts I missed while I was on Hiatus so I don’t have a long list to share but these were a couple of discussions that I think are worth checking out..
- 3 WAYS TO RELIEVE BLOGGING STRESS – Allonsythornraxx Books — Good advice on how to handle stress of any kind is always welcome in my book..
- Debate It: Romance as a Plotline – Paper Procrastinators — Great discussion and with Valentine’s day coming soon very appropriate too
- Discussion Time: What Do You Do When Your Favourite Genre Becomes “Tired”? – Reading Every Night — I was actually toying with a similar discussion and this was great inspiration for it..
How was your reading this month?? Let me know all about it in the comments below..