Once again we are doing this… another freaking month has gone by and I still haven’t made a dent in all the books I want to read… (like that could really happen? Who am I kidding?) Anyway, It’s been a good reading month for me.. I can’t complain… no slumps in sight and even with a little work I still managed to read 23 books… I can’t believe it… How did I managed this? …I’m sure it has to do with having hosted #tropeathon this month (we were back for round 2) that always motivates me… And acknowledging the lateness of this post I’m sorry for that I’ve been having quite a few technical difficulties in a sense but better late than never right? Let’s break down the books…
I do have to clarify that even if I mentioned them here… because it works for my total of books read this month… #tropeathon will have a separate wrap up…and mini reviews, sort of..
I’m all over the place with #romanceopoly, but since it’s the last few squares I’m cutting myself some slack, because I have been a very good girl with this particular challenge… I read 4 books and I can’t believe I’m almost done with it…Only 3 books left and I’m done….(Happy Dance)
- Kiss of Steel by Bec Mcmasters – 3 Stars
Steampunk isn’t my cup of tea, but that’s why we do this challenges to dip our toes out of our confort zone and this worked out well for me… I enjoyed it, and I’m looking forward to continuing with the series at some point.
- Silent Lucidity by Tiffany Roberts – 3 Stars
It was okay, I was a little bored in the begining but then the book picked up and got better… it’s alien shenanigans after all…
- The Play by Elle Kennedy – 4 Stars
I truly liked this book but that shouldn’t be a surprise at all since I devoured anything Elle Kennedy writes, however, there was one tiny detail that bugged the hell out of me… and I just can’t let it go… if you are curious to know what that is… check out my upcoming review.
- The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout – 4 Stars
THis was even better than the first one, and now I can’t wait for the next book… Story of my life…
For Tropeathon I read 6 books of the ones I had planned on my TBR…and it should come as no surprise that i got derailed and jumped into other books and not the ones I had planned…
- Lock Every Door – Riley Sager – 4 Stars (surprising)
- Nocturnes and Nightmares – Keri Lake – 3.5 Stars (I hate cliffhangers)
- The Fire Lord’s Lover – Kathryne Kennedy – 4 Stars (Why hadn’t I read this?)
- Up in the Treehouse – K.K. Allen – 3 Stars – (okay but a little over dramatic)
- War of Hearts – S. Young – 4 Stars – (I want more)
- Silk and Steel – Arianna Nash – 3.5 Stars (pleasant surprise)
As for the rest of books that my moody self picked up… I’m very happy about them because even if a few were flops… many were 4 stars reads….
- The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon – 4 Stars
This book won’t be for everyone, but it is a great developped story about family, loyalty and believing in who you are and what you can accomplish..
- Tease Me, Baby by Belladonna Cunning – 2 Stars
- Love me baby – Belladonna Cunning – 2 Stars
Why do I keep doing this to myself? At least these are the last books of this awful polyamorous bully thing…
- Broken Knight by L. J. Shen – 4 Stars
I actually enjoyed this book much more than the first one to be honest, there were a few issues that were resolved a little to easily but overall it was good… with just the right amount of push and pull and heartwrenching family drama…
- Cruel Boys by Clarissa Wild – 3 Stars
It was fine but forgettable.
- Serpent and Dove by Shelbey Mahurin – 4.5 Stars
I loved this book!! It was a little slow at first but then it picks up and I really enjoyed the relationship between the characters… I do warn you tha if you are not a fan of romance driven books skip this one…
- Break my Fall by M. Mabie – 3 Stars
- Break me Down by M. Mabie – 3.5 Stars
- Break The Faith by M. Mabie – 3 Stars
I have always been intrigued by cults and how they change people (for good or bad) these books are a good example of that… my one complain is that I didn’t think they should have been cut in three… the story could have been told in one or maybe two books …
- Aurora Blazing – Jessie Mihalik – 4.5 Stars
I Love this sci/fi romantic suspense books that Jessie Mihalik writes… I can’t get enough of them… this one was more fun to read that Polaris rising and I can’t wait for the next one…
- Iron and Fire – Arianna Nash – 4 Stars
- Blood and Ice – Arianna Nash – 4 Stars
This series was a pleasant surprise, I read the first book for Tropeathon and I just had to read the rest… they are fast paced, with lots of action, romance, and Dragons… who can resist that? But there’s hard topics like drugs, sexual abuse, and torture so be warned..
- Dreams of 18 – Saffron A. Kent – 3 Stars
I don’t know what to feel about this book, there were some things that I liked, how anxiety and social fear was handled but it got to a point when it was about the sex… and don’t get me wrong it was good taboo sex but it got tiring…
This was my October in a reading nutshell, I just hope that I don’t fall into another reading slump after reading so much… because there’s quite a few books that I’m looking forward to reading this November…
How was your reading month? Let me know in the comments below and if you have read any of these books let’s discuss them down below as well…